Monday, July 7, 2008

85%...... WOW that's A LOT!

Did you Know: 85% of women are in the wrong size bra?

Neither did I. I had always heard this and thought that it must be everyone else and not me.
I was wrong. I happened to be shopping at Nordstrom this weekend (surprise surprise) when a friend and I decided to get fitted for bra's. I'm not sure why we did, but I sure am glad. As it turns out I have been in the wrong size bra for quite a while now.

I have been fitted at Victoria's Secret before, but come to find out they are the ones who have been putting me in the wrong size. Now don't get me wrong VS bra's are great, but their associate's just don't know how to "size you up" like Nordstrom does.

"Almost every woman is guilty of wearing a bra that is too large in bandwidth and too small in the cup" says Oprah on her show "O's Bra Intervention". On which she had renound bra fitting expert Susan Nethero, owner of the Intimacy Boutique's in Atlanta, New York and Chicago. Susan is said to have fitted, and adjusted the bras of more than 100,000 women.

Tip for a good fit: UPDRADE!! buy 3 top quality bras, rather than a bunch of cheap ones. You need only one to wear, one to wash, and one in the drawer.


Some might think that bras at a store like Nordstrom would be much more expensive than say Victoria's Secret. Quite the contrary. The average price of a VS bra goes anywhere from $38 to $52! Bra's at Nordstrom start at around $28 and can go up into the $90 range.

The difference is that Nordstrom has expert fitters.
(Try the Nordstrom Fit Chart for yourself)

At Nordstrom, i was able to get fitted properly and bought some bra's in the correct size, that fit and were a lot more comfortable. And did i mention, that the ones that i bought were cheaper than the "Very Sexy" one i usually buy from Victoria's.

No comments: